Here’re the top 10 cooking tips for you, if you have just started cooking.
1) To make Poori more crispy add a little rice flour to the wheat flour while kneading.
2) When tomatoes are not in season, tomato ketchup or sauce can be successfully used in gravy.
3) To make 1 cup of dal, at least add 2-3 cup of water.
4) Always add hot water to the gravy to enhance the taste.
5) Peel vegetables as thinly as possible to preserve the minerals and vitamins.
6) If you boil vegetables in water, do not throw the water, keep it to make gravy.
7) Fry the masala in reduced flame, so that it retains its colour and taste.
8) While boiling water milk, always add a little water at the base of the vessel to avoid the milk from sticking at the bottom.
9) If you forget to soak chana/rajma overnight. just soak the chana/rajma in the boiling water for an hour before cooking.
10) Add a few drops of lemon and a tsp of oil to rice before boiling to separate each grain.
Anuradha Kumari is a food-blogger based out of Ranchi. She loves to explore new places and try new dishes.