First Tribal President: What It Means for India?
Draupadi Murmu was elected as the first tribal President of India. It is indeed a tremendous achievement for India. This has given hope to the people of the backward class to dream, struggle and achieve. As a result, it has brought huge expectations in terms of rural development. This topic is further discussed in the following points.
- Droupadi Murmu was elected President at 64 years of age, which is an inspiration to all backward communities. Her victory has created a vast impact throughout the country and has played a crucial role in changing the perspective of a person towards a certain group of people.
- “My election is evidence that the poor in India cannot just dream, but also fulfill those dreams….who are deprived for centuries are seeing their reflection in me” Stated Murmu. Her statement emphasizes the significance and establishment of a new Era.
- We all have seen how badly our health sector was affected during the pandemic. The poor and people in the peripheral regions of India were affected by the horrible situation of lack of beds in hospitals and nutritional failures.
- When a political figure like Droupadi Murmu stands as the President it apparently deflates the chances of the poorer section being overlooked. Our government has done a commendable job until now, and the support of the new president will only benefit the nation in the long run.
- While there is still much to do to ensure the tribe is provided with the basic rights it deserves, having a tribal leader certainly makes it easier to acknowledge the difficulties faced by the tribe and give it an identity and respect as a whole.
I am from Bareilly. Currently I am doing MA in Journalism & mass communication from Amity, Jaipur