Wondering how to make Gulab jamun? you’ve come to the right place. you can make gulab jamun in the comfort of your home and enjoy it at any festival or special occasion. It is made with milk solids ( khoya) sugar, rose syrup and cardamom powder. khoya is the main ingredient in gulab jamun but it in many places it is not easily accessible. Hence, we can also make it with milk powder.
Ingredient to be needed:
. Maida = 1/2 cup
. Khoya = 1 cup
. Baking soda = 1/8 tsp
. Cardamom powder = 1/4 tsp
. Saffron thread = 5 to 6
. Sugar = 1 cup
. Water = 2 cup
. Ghee / Oil for deep frying
Instructions to make it:
How to prepare sugar syrup?
(1) Take 1 cup sugar, cardamom and saffron in a pan.
(2) Add 2 cups water and boil it in high flame. when it starts boiling, reduce the flame to medium and cook until it turns to little sticky.
How to prepare gulam jamun balls ?
(1) Take 1 cup mawa to crumble it with hands. Add 1/8 tsp of baking soda and 1/2 cup maida.
(2) Mix it well.
(3) Now flour is mixed with mawa, now knead all them together until it turns to a smooth dough. you can also knead the dough with milk to make it much delicious.
(4) Divide dough into equal parts, grease hands with ghee or oil to make smooth balls from it. Make sure that there is no crack on the surface of balls.
(5) Heat ghee or oil in a pan over medium flame and add prepared balls 3 to 4 at a time and deep fry them over low to medium flame till it turns to a golden brown. If the balls turn to dark brown then the ghee or oil is too hot, to reduce the temperature add some more ghee or oil to it.
(6) Fry them until they turn golden brown , it will take 5 to 6 minutes . Increase or decrease flame intensity to keep the temperature of ghee or oil even while frying them .
(7) Once cooked, drain and transfer them over tissue paper and let them cool for 5 minutes. Do not add them directly into the sugar syrup.
(8) Add fried balls into the sugar syrup.
(9) Soak them for at least 1 hour before serving.
(10) Gulab jamuns are ready for serving . Serve them and enjoy the sweetness of this sweet.